Thursday, April 22, 2010

Missing Mamaw

Last Friday, April 16th, marked the one year anniversary of my Mom's death. This past year has been difficult without her. Somehow, by the grace of God, we are surviving and trying to pick up the pieces and move on. We are forced to take it one day at a time; some of those days are better than others. Our lives will never be the same without her. She is missed so dearly by so many and will forever be in our hearts. I know I am a better person for having a mother as wonderful as she was. I pray I can live up to her example. I feel that she was taken from us way too soon, but I am forever greatful for the 26 years I had with her.

I took the kids to visit her grave for the first time on Saturday. I looked down and found them sitting on the ledge of her stone. I just couldn't help but post this precious picture.


Please continue to pray for our whole family. The loss of Mom will be a life long struggle, but with the prayers and love of friends and family, we can go on.

I wish Heaven had a phone so I could hear your voice again.
I thought of you today, but that is nothing new.
I thought about you yesterday, and days before too.
I think of you in silence; I often speak your name.
All I have are memories and a picture in a frame.
Your memory is a keepsake from which I'll never part.
God has you in his arms...I have you in my heart.

No comments: